Angeline “Angie” Gault Tillman Nursing Scholarship Application
Williamson Medical Center’s Volunteer Auxiliary is pleased to present the Angie Tillman Nursing Scholarship, providing scholarships for students pursuing a BSN degree. One student will receive a scholarship totaling $10,000. The recipient will receive $2,500 each year for four years, as long as he or she maintains academic and eligibility requirements.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior.
- A Williamson County resident, a dependent of a WMC employee, or a junior volunteer.
- Have at least a 3.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Intend to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited college or university in Tennessee to pursue a BSN degree.
- Scholarship finalists are required to interview with the scholarship committee at Williamson Medical Center.
- Only complete applications (including entry materials) received by the deadline will be considered. Applications must be submitted by March 15, 2019.
- For more information call Angie Birkemeyer-Jones, WMC’s Volunteer Program senior coordinator, at 615.435.5429.
Applications must include:
- Typed completed application form with signatures from specified individuals.
- Official high school and college (if applicable) transcripts and ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Copy of college/university acceptance letter.
- Typed, double-spaced applicant essay explaining the qualities he or she would bring to the field of nursing. Limit is 300 words.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation—one from a school counselor, one from a faculty member and/or employer, and one personal recommendation from someone other than a family member.