Trust Your Colonoscopy to Experts.
Our team is committed to providing you with the highest quality GI care in a friendly, relaxed setting.
A Life-Saving Screening for Colorectal Cancer
Regardless of age, it’s important to know how to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer. Williamson Medical Group’s GI specialist, Elizabeth Lindsey, M.D., is passionate about the importance of getting screened and providing peace of mind to her patients.
WMG is dedicated to providing the highest-quality GI care that always adheres to the highest safety standards. To schedule an appointment with our team, fill out the consultation form on this page.
Know the Facts
- Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among men and women combined in the United States.
- 1 in 20 people will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer.
- 1 in 3 people are not up-to-date with screening for colorectal cancer.
- Last year there were an estimated 140,250 new cases of colorectal cancer.
- Purpose of screening colonoscopy is to find early colon cancer and more importantly to find and remove precancerous polyps.
- Colonoscopy with removal of precancerous polyps has been found to result in: 1) lower incidence of colorectal cancer as well as 2) reduce mortality (by 53%) from colorectal cancer.
Who Should be Screened and When
- All men and women should be screened for colon cancer beginning at age 50, if not earlier.*The American Cancer Society recommends starting at age 45, but not all insurers cover the cost of colorectal cancer screening before age 50. Contact your insurer to confirm coverage.
- People with personal or family history of colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, or experiencing symptoms are considered “high risk”.
- Individuals exhibiting signs and symptoms, regardless of age or family history, should be screened.
HOW WE’RE KEEPING OUR PATIENTS SAFE:
- All patients and visitors are screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All caregivers are required to wear face masks.
- We practice safe distancing at all times.
- All areas are constantly cleaned and disinfected.
Schedule a Consultation
Anchored in Excellence.
Elizabeth Lindsey, M.D., is a board-certified specialist with advanced training in diagnosing, managing and healing the gastrointestinal system.
We utilize state-of-the-art technology to perform procedures including colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and upper endoscopy.
Top Quality Care
We’re proud to be named as one of the best in the nation for Patient Safety by the Women’s Choice Awards.
1) Winawer SJ, Zauber AG, Ho MN, et al. Prevention of colorectal cancer by colonoscopic polypectomy. N Engl J Med 1993;329:1977-1981 AND 2) Zauber et al N Engl J Med 2012; 366:687-696
The Importance of a Screening Colonoscopy
Elizabeth Lindsey, M.D., leading gastroenterologist at Williamson Medical Group explains the importance and lifesaving value of colonoscopies in this video.