Include with this application a written essay of 300 words or less responding to the following:
1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a nurse, and what led you to this decision?
2. What qualities would you bring to the field of nursing?
ATTACHMENTS MUST INCLUDE:
If your guidance counselor would like to send your transcript directly to us, please have them email it to: Angie Birkemeyer at email@example.com. Otherwise, attach your transcript below.
- Official high school and college (if applicable) transcripts and ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Copy of college/university acceptance letter.
- Typed, double-spaced applicant essay explaining the qualities he or she would bring to the field of nursing. Limit is 300 words.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation—one from a school counselor, one from a faculty member and/or employer, and one personal recommendation from someone other than a family member.
Criteria for Selection
Only complete applications (including entry materials) submitted by the deadline of April 16, 2021will be considered.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, career interest and interview results. Recipients will be selected and notified by phone with written confirmation to follow no later than May 17, 2021.
For more information, call WMC’s Volunteer Program senior coordinator at 615.435.5429.
Consent for Release of Information
I hereby consent to the release of any information in connection with the foregoing application that in the sole judgment of Williamson Medical Center Volunteer Auxiliary Scholarship Committee may be of assistance in evaluating my scholarship application. I hereby waive any confidentiality with respect to such information insofar as the Williamson Medical Center Volunteer Auxiliary Scholarship Committee is concerned, since it is my understanding that the information will be used solely for the evaluation of my application for a scholarship and for no other purpose.
I have read this scholarship application and confirm the accuracy of its contents