Thank you for your interest in donating to the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital Vanderbilt at Williamson Medical Center!
Through your donations, we are able to provide wonderful extras such as blankets or toys for children while they are in the hospital. Please consider the following needs/wish list when planning your donation. Due to allergies, infection control and other criteria, we are unable to accept the following items: toys, games or clothing that are used, latex balloons, weapons (real or play), razors, dental floss, cotton swabs or religious items such as Bibles or crosses.
- Individual Play-Doh®
- Crayons, washable markers, and colored pencils
- Washable paint
- Child-friendly coloring books
- Construction paper
- Glue sticks
- Playing cards (UNO®, Phase 10®, Go Fish, Old Maid)
- Children’s books for all ages (I Spy, Where’s Waldo)
- Children’s movies for all ages
- Underwear for all ages
- Travel-sized toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, body wash, and lotion for families who come to the hospital unexpectedly. (We are unable to accept razors, floss, or cotton swabs)
- Vinyl bouncy seat (click here to view online)
- Vibrating Snake (click here to view online)
- Car Seats
- Infant Seat with Base: Evenflo Discovery
- Convertible: Cosco Scenera
- Forward facing with Harness: Cosco High Back Booster Seat
- Belt Positioning Booster Cosco High Rise Booster Seat
The Power of Play-Doh®
Play-Doh® has entertained the minds of children for generations, but it’s not just a fun toy to play with at home. Our Certified Child Life Specialist, Stephanie Hegel, describes the positive impact Play-Doh® can have on a child’s hospital experience, and why it’s the top item on our Wish List.
- Baby blankets (new)
- Crib-side aquarium or waterfall soothers
- Rattles and teethers
- Little People® dolls
- Chunky cars
- Activity Ball V-tech® toys: Busy Learners Activity Cube, computers, phones
- Munchkin® Mozart Magic Cube
- Onesies, short sleeve gowns (6-18 months)
- Plastic mobiles
- B. Times Square Activity Cube
- Light and sound toys
- Light-up wands
- Best Choice Products Musical Activity Cube
Preschool Age Items:
- Preschool playbooks (light and sound books)
- Puzzles with wooden pegs
- Light up musical hand held toys (phones, keys)
- Kitchen food set
- Fisher Price Medical Play sets
- Basic Fun Viewmaster® Boxed Set
- Despicable Me® Reel
- Hello Kitty® Reel
School Age Items:
- Lego/Duplo® Kits
- Barbie®/baby dolls
- Board Games (Guess Who, Connect 4, Monopoly Jr., CandyLand, Trouble)
- Puzzles (24-48 Pieces)
- Play-Doh® tools
- Matchbox® cars
- Boat Play set
- Train set
- Board Games (Checkers, Clue, Battleship, Monopoly)
- Lego® Kits
- Puzzles (48-100 pieces)
- Jewelry making kits
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my group bring our donations in and distribute them to patients in the hospital?
Due to strict privacy and infection control policies, donations are processed through Administration. Child Life Staff will ensure that all donations are shared with patients in the most appropriate way.
Can we donate gently used stuffed animals?
We cannot accept any used stuffed animals or cloth items for infection control reasons.
Can I bring food, candy or baked goods to patients?
Many of our patients have restricted diets and food allergies, so we are unable to accept food or candy donations. We can accept food for families and hospital staff.
Can I dress up as a holiday character and visit patients?
These special volunteers must pass hospital screenings, background checks and training on how to help us with our holiday needs.
How many gifts do I need to bring?
We accept donations of all sizes. We combine our donations so all children receive the same quantity.
Do you accept gift cards?
We accept donations of gift cards to help families and patients while staying at the hospital. Ideal cards include gas, phone, and food. Store gift cards (Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreen’s, CVS) and GameStop are other good ideas.
How can I donate my time?
We offer many volunteer opportunities for members of our community to assist our patients and their families. For more information about our Volunteer Program, please call 615-435-5429. If you have additional questions, please contact Leigh Williams at 615-435-5158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.