AWARD-WINNING OB + NICU CARE
Williamson Medical's trusted team of doctors, nurses and specialists deliver high-quality care for you and your baby based on your health and your preferences.
Offering the Best in Obstetrics and Maternity Services
At Williamson Medical Center, we know how special childbirth is. That’s why family-centered care is a top priority for our OB, NICU and maternity departments. Our highly skilled team is here to make your birth experience as memorable, comfortable and safe as possible. From prenatal through delivery and postpartum care, you’ll always have the support you need.
If you have any questions for our OB team, please give us a call today at 615-791-2229.
Pregnancy and COVID-19 at Williamson Medical Center FAQs
We recognize that delivering a baby at this time may be stressful, but we want to assure you that our team is as committed as ever to providing you with excellent, safe medical care and supporting you and your baby during your personalized birth experience. Click below to learn more, and if you have any questions, please call our team at 615-791-2229.
Caring for your baby begins long before your baby is born. Early care by an obstetrician can help prevent or identify potential problems. If you think you are pregnant, we encourage you to see a doctor. If you do not have an obstetrician, please click here for a complete directory of physicians and choose Obstetrics from the drop down menu.
Maternity services include:
- Board-certified physicians and experienced, compassionate nurses.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with a full-time neonatologist, combined with a team of neonatal nurse practitioners and specially trained nurses. Our littlest ones are provided top-notch care until they are able to go home with their families.
- Williamson Medical is equipped for high-risk births, such as multiples or births with complications. And with our spacious birthing suites, you will experience the birthing process in a comfortable, private environment.
- We offer immediate skin-to-skin contact following vaginal deliveries and C-sections. Patients having a C-section also have the option to choose a clear surgical drape that allows them to witness the moment their baby enters the world.
- Lactation services are available to assist mothers who choose to breastfeed, to make breastfeeding as enjoyable and successful as possible.
At Williamson Medical, we know the birthing experience is important to each member of your family, which is why we encourage a strong partnership between the family and our team of medical providers. You tell us who needs to be involved in the birthing process and we will work with you to make sure the experience is safe and memorable for everyone.
Parents are encouraged to keep their new baby in their room as much as possible to promote the healthiest start for their little one. Rooming-in gives new parents the opportunity to learn how to care for their infant, with the professional assistance of our nursing staff. A nursery nurse also is available to provide rest and comfort to the new mom.
Explore Williamson Medical Center’s award-winning Obstetrics Unit in Franklin, Tennessee with this in depth virtual tour. View the layout of the unit including the labor and delivery floor, postpartum rooms and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Childbirth Education Classes:
We offer childbirth education classes as well as breastfeeding classes to anyone in the community planning to deliver at Williamson Medical. Click the button below to view class schedules or pre-register.
We work with Bella Baby Photography to offer family and baby portraits. A photographer will visit your room to schedule a session if you desire to take advantage of this opportunity. For more information, email Bella Baby at email@example.com.
No more pre-determined meals at a specified time. You know when you are hungry and what you are hungry for. Simply browse our complete menu and pick up the phone and dial our room service concierge. One of our team members will deliver exactly what you want — when you want it.
Anchored in Excellence.
Award-Winning OB Staff
- Named one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics by the Women’s Choice Award® for the sixth year in a row.
- Received the 2019 and 2020 “BEST for Babies” Award from the TDH and the Tennessee Hospital Association.
Medical Excellence & Patient Safety
We’re proud to be named as one of the best in the nation for Patient Safety by the Women’s Choice Awards.
Expert, Personalized Maternity Care
Williamson Medical’s highly skilled OB staff are here to help you design your personalized birth experience, while keeping safety as our top priority.
Don't just take our word for it.
The mothers who have delivered babies at Williamson Medical Center have spoken, and the result of that patient feedback is a prestigious accolade for our extremely popular OB, NICU and maternity departments.