WMC HAS A RESTRICTED VISITATION POLICY IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The health and well-being of our patients is of utmost importance and we recognize the significance of having family and friends around and the benefit that can have on recovery. We do ask that you please keep the patient’s wishes in mind and allow them to get much-needed rest during their time with us.
We do have two important regulations we ask you please adhere to. Due to potential allergic reactions, we cannot allow latex balloons or flowers with an extremely strong scent to be brought to patient rooms. Mylar balloons are allowed.
Visits to a family member or friend in the hospital should be beneficial for both the patient and visitor. The following expectations should be communicated to visitors:
1. Visitors who are disruptive or disturb patients, staff, or other visitors will be asked to stop the disruptive behavior or be escorted from the premises by Security and/or police.
2. Visitors should not smoke on campus as WMC is a smoke free facility.
3. Plans to visit should be made during posted visiting hours.
4. Williamson Medical Center does not specifically limit the number of visitors in a patient’s room at any given time, however, time should be allowed for the patient to rest. Visitors and family will relocate to the waiting room when requested.
5. Visitors will make provisions for their own meals and lodging if necessary. Exceptions should be referred to the Nursing Department Director or Nursing Supervisor.
1. Children under 12 years of age may be asked to leave at the discretion of Nursing Director or the Nursing Supervisor.
2. Patients may choose to restrict visitors that they believe are not beneficial to their health and well being. Staff should place a sign on the door for visitors to check at nurse’s station.
Visiting Hours at WMC
1. Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
2. The PBX Operator will announce the close of all visiting hours overhead.
Visiting after 9:00 p.m. (hospital-wide):
After Hours Access to the Hospital:
- For safety and security reasons, any visitor entering after the main entrance has closed must enter through the Emergency Department (ED) entrance. Signage reminding that visiting hours are over at 9 p.m. will be visible in the ER registration area. In addition, ER registration staff will communicate friendly reminders to visitors at that time.
- Special circumstances will require and allow some visitors access to the floor after 9 p.m. The following procedure will be followed:
- ER Registration will issue a visitor badge to these guests.
- Security will be called by ED Registration to escort the visitor to the appropriate patient care unit.
- For patients being admitted from the ED, the ED staff will notify security for visitors accompanying the patient to the appropriate patient care unit.
- ED staff shall instruct visitors accompanying patient to obtain a visitor pass prior to relocating to the patient care unit.
- A picture identification should be provided by all visitors when obtaining a visitor pass.