Our current visitation policy, effective 3-14-22:
Visitation Hours for all patients (except as noted below) will be from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., seven days a week.
It is important that everyone visiting our facilities follows the recommended safety measures – wear a face mask at all times and wash hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout our campus.
COVID positive patients:
- Only 1 visitor will be allowed at a time. We recommend that this is the same person each day and request that any necessary visitor swaps occur outside of the hospital.
- Each day, the visitor will be provided gloves, a disposable or reusable gown, and eyewear, in addition to the ear loop mask they are wearing upon entry. All personal protective equipment must be worn at all times when inside the patient room, except when eating.
- No overnight stays on the floors unless medically necessary for patient safety and authorized by a physician. No overnight stays in the CCU.
- For staff safety, visitors should not visit the hospital cafeteria or other public spaces. Once the visitor leaves the room, we request that he/she immediately leave the hospital.
- Visitation may be restricted/limited during the shift changes that occur during this time (7 – 8 a.m. and 6 – 8 p.m.).
- 2 visitors per patient, per ER visit.
- 2 adult visitors at a time.
After Hours Access to the Hospital:
- For safety and security reasons, any visitor entering after the main entrance has closed must enter through the Emergency Department (ED) entrance. Signage reminding that visiting hours are over at 8 p.m. will be visible in the ER registration area. In addition, ER registration staff will communicate friendly reminders to visitors at that time.
- Special circumstances will require and allow some visitors access to the floor after 8 p.m. The following procedure will be followed:
- ER Registration will issue a visitor badge to these guests.
- Security will be called by ED Registration to escort the visitor to the appropriate patient care unit.
- For patients being admitted from the ED, the ED staff will notify security for visitors accompanying the patient to the appropriate patient care unit.
- ED staff shall instruct visitors accompanying patient to obtain a visitor pass prior to relocating to the patient care unit.
- A picture identification should be provided by all visitors when obtaining a visitor pass.
Visits to a family member or friend in the hospital should be beneficial for both the patient and visitor. The following expectations should be communicated to visitors:
- Visitors who are disruptive or disturb patients, staff, or other visitors will be asked to stop the disruptive behavior or be escorted from the premises by Security and/or police.
- Children under 12 years of age may be asked to leave at the discretion of Nursing Director or the Nursing Supervisor.
- Visitors should not smoke on campus as WMC is a smoke free facility.
- Plans to visit should be made during posted visiting hours.
- Williamson Medical Center does not specifically limit the number of visitors in a patient’s room at any given time, however, time should be allowed for the patient to rest. Visitors and family will relocate to the waiting room when requested.
- Visitors will make provisions for their own meals and lodging if necessary. Exceptions should be referred to the Nursing Department Director or Nursing Supervisor.
- Due to potential allergic reactions, we cannot allow latex balloons or flowers with an extremely strong scent to be brought to patient rooms. Mylar balloons are allowed.