Kim McMurray Memorial Nursing Scholarship
The Kim McMurray Memorial Nursing Scholarship is named in memory of beloved nurse, Kim McMurray. She tirelessly served as a nurse at Williamson Medical Center for nearly 30 years and continued to work in various roles during years of arduous chemotherapy treatments for breast cancer. This scholarship provides an additional $500 and will be awarded to a nursing student accepted in the nursing curriculum who demonstrates a particular connection to cancer or the treatment of cancer.
Applying for the Scholarship
- Complete ENTRY FORM.
- Write a one-page essay outlining your:
- Experience in healthcare, if any.
- Educational and future healthcare goals.
- Reason for applying for the scholarship.
- For nursing students interested in the Kim McMurray Memorial scholarship, please include your experience with cancer.
- Make a list of your accomplishments.
- Include your awards, extracurricular activities, community involvement, etc.
- Obtain two recommendations. One personal and one professional letter of recommendation are required. An instructor may provide a recommendation if the applicant is not employed in healthcare.
- Provide a copy of your most recent high school or college transcript.
- Submit all materials by March 15, 2020:
- List of accomplishments
- Letters of recommendation
**If your guidance counselors or teachers would like to send your transcript or letters of recommendation directly to us, please have them email it to: Suzanne Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org.