Formal Education / Training:
1. Licensed by the State of Tennessee.
2. Graduate of an approved school of nursing
Patient Care Delivery
Equipment and Skills Training: The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing knowledge to a variety of setting. Equipment: Order Entry Computer System; Telemetry; Pneumatic Tube System; AT&T Language Line; Pyxis Medication system. CPR is required within 90 days of employment
A medical/surgical unit with patient population ranging from less than one year of age> ninety-nine years of age.
1. Requires the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
2. Requires prolonged standing and working for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Constantly required to push/pull objects up to 175 lbs.
4. Requires the ability to lift and turn patients with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1. Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients within the appropriate time of admission utilizing skills of observation, communication and examination; including data obtained from patient, family and other members of the healthcare team.
2. Plans the patient’s care on an individual basis, identifying problems/needs, nursing diagnosis, standards of care/practice, interventions consistent with identified problems and attainable outcomes.
3. Plans for patient teaching, discharge and post discharge needs as appropriate for patient population.
4. Functions independently with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy, procedure and competency based assessment and no pattern or trend of problem.
5. Handles/transports/stores/prepares/administers medications/solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
6. Documents legibly with correct abbreviations on correct forms in a timely manner.
7. Reassess patient’s condition, evaluate patient response and modify plan of care accordingly and in a timely manner.
8. Accepts charge responsibilities and assigns staff with consideration of patient condition and care requirement, acuity and complexity of patient’s condition.
9. Maintains position specific qualifications.
10. Facilitates staff development.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications.
12. Demonstrates responsibility for cost containment.