Keeping our Patients and Staff Safe
The safety and health of our patients and staff is always our top priority. Williamson Medical Center is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and continues to follow the latest CDC guidelines to take the necessary precautions to protect our patients and staff. We are committed to keeping our facilities safe as we continue serving our community.
In addition to the protection measures we always have in place, we have integrated enhanced protocols and procedures to further ensure your safety. We have created a secure environment so you can feel comfortable when seeking care. We are ready to serve you.
Below is an overview of the safety measures we are following:
- All patients, staff and visitors entering our facilities must first go through a screening station where we are checking temperatures, symptoms and potential infection exposure.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms are asked to call before visiting in person.
- A limited visitor policy campus wide allowing only necessary caregivers with patient.
- We are separating patients with respiratory symptoms so they are not waiting among other patients seeking care.
- Instructional signage is placed throughout our campus with distance-appropriate rooms and strategically spaced appointment times to reinforce social distancing and minimize patient interaction.
- Chairs in the waiting areas are positioned at least 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing.
- As always, our staff is following strict CDC guidelines for proper hand washing, and sanitizer stations are available throughout our campus.
- Our providers and employees are well-trained in infection control best practices, including CDC guidelines for the effective use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Should I wear a mask?
- Everyone on our campus is required to wear a mask.
- The CDC recommends the wearing of cloth face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in public settings.
- In addition to the rigorous cleaning and sanitizing we have always maintained, we are taking extra precautions with expanded sanitation protocols, particularly in high-traffic areas.
- We are constantly disinfecting and continue to ensure that all surfaces are cleaned regularly with cleaning products that have been approved as effective against COVID-19.
- All WMG providers are utilizing telemedicine to limit those with in-person appointments.
- Providers across the WMG system are able to schedule virtual visits, which are face-to-face visits via smartphone, tablet or computer.
- WMG is using secure and encrypted telemedicine capabilities to ensure patient privacy.
- We have resumed all elective procedures.
- To minimize exposure, we are screening all elective surgery patients preoperatively.
- If patients are exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, they will be asked to reschedule their procedure.
- Any essential caregiver accompanying a patient will also be screened.
Personal protection measures:
- CDC recommends that individuals over two years of age wear cloth face coverings in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (6 feet).
- Stay home from work, school and public areas if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch.
Tennessee Facilities/Agencies Currently with Monoclonal Antibody Availability: